4 months from now, I'll no longer be living in New York, but instead in the European city of lights! I'm both excited and terrified for the monumental change that will bring, and I constantly think about my future Parisian home. Cue daily visits to interior design blogs, most notably Planete Deco, which showcases beautiful homes and apartments of all sizes from all over the world. I've definitely cultivated a knowledge of what I like and don't like from perusing this site. Things I love include:
* Collections of different sized photographs, artwork, and mirrors grouped on a wall
* Animal elements - fake taxidermy, paintings, furry throws, etc
* Touches of gold and silver with smoky blue
* COLOR in general! I hate the trend of all white being equal to stylish homes
* Chalkboard paint on walls, for drawing and writing notes
* Floral, mystical and celestial patterns on pillows, wallpaper, curtains etc.
But despite my desire to go abroad, I have to admit, I'm going to be really sad to leave the apartment I'm living in now. My roommate Laura and I have spent a lot of time this year making our apartment colorful, quirky, ridden with plants, and resolutely our own. I'll post some pictures of it in the next week or so!