Sunday, May 31, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
When I received an email a few weeks ago from Danielle at Solestruck telling me that they were going to gift me with a pair of shoes, I felt as though all of my wildest blogger dreams had come true. I promptly logged onto the website and picked out the biggest baddest wedges I could find. And now they are permanently affixed to my feet. Thanks again, Danielle!!
On another note, my latest procrastinating tool is MyLifeisAverage. Here are some gems:
* Today, I woke up and my legs were black. It's okay I was born that way.MLIA
* Today, I beat my children. In a game of Monopoly. MLIA
* Today, while sleeping, I got too hot. So I pulled the covers off, but I got too cold. Then, I put one leg in and one leg out and then I was comfortable. MLIA
Currently Listening to: Ah, Non Credea Mirarti sung by Maria Callas
Skirt- H&M; Top- Gap; Cardigan- Mango; Scarf- From France; Shoes- Solestruck
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Voila mes favorites courants d'Opening Ceremony. Malheureusement, la chance de m'achète ces trucs est à peu près zéro point zéro...Je vais essayer de mettre une tenue sur le blog aujourd'hui, je veux vous monter mes nouvelles chaussures!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Little piece of my weekend. If you can guess where in the city this is, I'll give you a cookie.
Here's one of my favorite quotes from this weekend:
Him: Hey, are y'all feelin' a little wavy?
Me: Um, where did your belt go?
Him: It doesn't matter baby, life is too short.
Me: For pants?
Him: Kiss me.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
1. Toms- They're really earthy and, I think, gorgeous. They're definitely not my typical shoe, but I'd like to consider myself an open-minded consumer. Also, I know they would be perfect for France this summer.
2. Texts From Last Night- I can't even explain the awesomeness of this website. I can only give you a sneak peek:
* (310): i'm forgoing the post-coitus cuddling sesh to ask u this :when he says he loves me and all i can think to say is either "cool" or "i love boning you," what do i do?
* (305): He's not gay. He just has bad gaydar and he gaydared himself and was wrong.
* (973): On a scale from 0 to 24...wait, 3 to 24, where 6 is the lowest and 12 is the highest, how freaking high re you right now?
* (586): theres a dog humping me and im not going to stop it... i really need to get laid.
* (216): bella threw up all over the kitchen floor then looked at me, laughed, and walked away
(440): isn't bella the cat???
(216): that she is
3. Tie Dye- The trendster gods will strike me down, but I can't help it. Everyone needs a little Woodstock in their summer, right?
4. Mint Beauty Products- May is a time to refresh oneself and prepare for the summer, and what could be more refreshing than sipping some mint tea, spritzing on some fresh minty scent, and leaving the house in a filmy mint blouse? It sounds like overkill, but it's not...it's just mint.
5. Sarah Stephens shot by Chadwick Tyler- She's just the sex.
And by the way, have a great weekend! I know I will...
Pictures from ChadwickTyler, Google, Toms, Sephora, SkullSet, AA, LaGarconne
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
1. What is your favorite movie character and why do you like him/her?
I love Robert Arkins as Jimmy Rabbitte in The Commitments because he’s so smart and fast-talking, but underneath it all he’s just as awkward and insecure as any other teenager.
2. If you could only pick one item from your closet to keep, which would it be?
Doc Martens are essential to life.
3. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Flyyy. Then my friends couldn’t get mad at me about getting my license so late.
4. Could you ever become vegan?
I’ve actually thought about it often, because I’ve been a vegetarian for many years. I think I could definitely do it, but I wouldn’t want to. I don’t think it’s entirely healthy.
5. Do you play any instruments? If you were a musician, what kind of songs would you write?
I do! I play the piano and the harp. I’m much better at the harp, I use the piano mostly to accompany myself when I need to learn a new song for class. I also sing- I’m trained classically and I want to be an opera singer, but I’m also in a rock/soul band. I'm just kind of obsessed with music, in all of its permutations. I like to write songs about random things, what I think about when I walk down the streets of the city at night, or made up stories that I think of when I see interesting people.
6. Do you play any sports?
Haha, my friends would laugh at that. I am distinctly un-sporty, but I have danced for many years.
7. Where were you born?
I was born in Paris, France.
8. Who would play you in a movie of your life?
That’s really hard. I like the spirit of Maggie Gyllenhaal, the poise of Cate Blanchett, and the soulfulness of Marion Cotillard. But in terms of who looks most like me, I’ve heard that I resemble Isabelle Adjani (who’s amazing, so I’m fine with that haha).
9. Do you have any pets?
Mais oui! I have two dogs, Jazz and Fionn, and an evil kitty named Ruby.
10. What celebrity do you admire the most?
I am continually awed by Michelle Obama. She is so strong, intelligent, and confident; I hope to emulate her in some way as I grow older.
What are your current obsessions?
Toast for breakfast, Etsy, the tv show Skins, and listening to The Roots on Pandora.
What’s for dinner today?
I really want to learn how to ride an elephant someday. They're my favorite animals.
What’s the last thing you bought?
Lemon tea with honey.
The Legionnaire's Lament by The Decembrists
What is your favorite weather?
I like cold weather because, fashion-wise, I like to layer. But who doesn't love a day in the sun?
What is your most challenging goal right now?
To advance to the finals of the Young Classical Singers Competition.
What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Her posts are so colorful and cheerful, and I am totally in love with her red ray-bans.
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
I would buy a lighthouse in the south of France for my dad, because that's what he wants more than anything in the world.
What would you like to have in your hands right now?
Some weird, ridiculous, amazing aviator shades.
What would you like to get rid of?
College tuition costs.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Tokyo. But I definitely don't think that's enough time!!
Which language do you want to learn?
Italian, to help my singing. But really all of them.
what do you look for in a friend?
Someone that I can be completely crazy with.
Who do you want to meet in person?
Queen Elizabeth I of England. But as she lived in the 17th century, I would settle for our current president.
I could never choose! I love and will listen to any kind of music...but I must admit that third-degree ska holds a special place in my heart.
What’s the favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
I could never pick favorites, it might make some of my clothes feel inadequate! However, I really love my H&M mint green flapper dress- it's like, so fetch.
What is your dream job?
To be an opera singer/writer/fashion designer/actress/all around badass.
Any favorite models?
Amanda Laine, Liya Kebede, Isabeli Fontana, Heloise Guerin, and Du Juan.
What would you mostly likely spend 100 euros on?
Stupid shit like coffee, gum and inappropriately large hoop earrings...I can't be trusted.
What would you like an endless supply of?
Do you admire anyone’s style?
I love Alexa Chung's style, as well as Japanese Harajukus, and any other person whose closet can't be categorized.
Describe your personal style
Schizophrenic- I like to be someone new every day, and I'm inspired by everyone and everything.
What is your favorite website at the moment?
Thursday, May 7, 2009
The weather here has been absolute shit this week. I'm all for April showers, but when the May flowers never come, I get a little peevish. My last AP test is tomorrow, and hopefully after this weekend I'll get a chance to breathe a bit.
Currently Listening to: He Can Only Hold Her, by Amy Winehouse
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Currently Listening to: Un Dernier Jour, by Rocca and Daddy Lord C