Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Here are some possible prom dresses that I've discovered via etsy. I'm not looking for something too expensive or fancy, I just want to look different and maybe a little hippy-ish. Which ones do you like? (You can click on them if they're too small)
I may not be posting often for about a week or so, because I have some killer AP tests coming up that need to be studied for, in addition to some other stupid shit that's going on in my life. All I'm thinking about it getting through this, and then it will be summersummersummer :)
Currently Listening to: I Thought I Saw Your Face Today, by She and Him
Pictures from Etsy
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
The fashion closet, a.k.a. my future apartment. I was seriously lusting some of them ivory strappy platforms. Wonder if they would have noticed if I had snatched a pair? I mean there are just so many...
My wonderfully sweet tour guide, Lauren (in the center) and two other interns. Lauren, fyi, is the assistant to Suze Yalof Schwartz, the fashion editrix of Glamour. They were so awesome about answering my millions of questions, we had quite a nice chat. Also, peep Lauren's shoes. I should've gotten a better picture of them, they were extremely rad.
Also, I have to thank Courtney, who helped organize this whole shebang- you're the best!
And now for a conversation I witnessed as I was waiting in the lobby of Glamour for Lauren before my tour started. Two girls met as they were waiting for the elevator. We were the ONLY three people in the entire lobby...
GIRL 1: Ohmygod, I have to tell you what I ate for lunch today
GIRL 2: What?
GIRL 1: I can't say it out loud, lemme text it to you (iphones are whipped out, texting ensues)
GIRL 2: (gasps, whispers) A Big Mac?
GIRL 1: Shhh! (glances over at me, glares) I told you not to say it out loud!
True story. Welcome to Bizzaro-World, kids...
Currently Listening to: Volcano, by Damian Rice
Top-F21; Skirt-Mango; Coat-Adriana; Shoes-H&M; Bag-Esprit
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
* I have a surprise going on later this week, which I'm not going to divulge at the moment. It will be documented on here later, however, I promise. Here's a clue: If you find out where these shots of Lara are from, you might figure it out...
* The concert went really well on Sunday, thanks to those who wished me luck! I'll try to post pictures of the event soon...
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
It was such a gloomy grey day I had to wear something yellow. Perhaps I resemble a bumblebee, but those are the kind of sacrifices I make for fashion.
I'm on this whole drawing kick lately (thanks for your sweet comments, by the way), and I've been trolling the internet looking at different fashion illustrations and paintings. One of the best examples I've come across has been these, but I can't remember the artist name to credit. If you know, give a shout. Pretty sick yeah?
Oh, and keep the questions coming for the Q&A post!
Currently Listening to: I'm Afraid of Americans by David Bowie
Skirt-Vintage; Shirt- GapBody; Hat- Urban Outfitters; Scarf- From Toulouse, France; Shoes- H&M
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I'm a little obsessed with this video at the moment. Talk to me about trippy rad French girls any day.
This one too, it's mega cute. At the Ingrid Michaelson concert, some drunk girl yelled out that Ingrid should sing "Umbrella" by Rhianna and...well, just watch it.
Currently Listening to: What You Want, by RLA
Friday, April 10, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
* When the Harajukus start wearing pastels, I know that spring has sprung. I need to start wearing my straw sun bonnet again...
* And thanks a million to Jenna for the award! I love your blog girl, it's so beautiful :)
Currently Listening to: Love Sex Magic by Ciara feat. JT
Pictures from Dropsnap
Friday, April 3, 2009
1. Keller Boots- These beauties are from the Keller Fall/Winter 09 collection, but I would love to wear them in summer, with a filmy black minidress and a straw fedora.
2. InbekaWori Photography- These shots are wonderfully evocative, and have a beautiful truth to them.
3. Heloise Guerin- I did a post of her many months ago, but I had to revisit. I'm totally crazy about her, her profile and her hair are so gorgeous and unique. Not to mention she has a badass name.
4. Kate Moss for Topshop/Topshop in General- This collection's already started to make the blogger rounds, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. How appropriate that her inspiration was 20s fashion and I just did a post on Gatsby. Me and Kate are always on the same wavelength.
5. Crooked Teeth- I have them, and after reading Krystal's post yesterday about accepting one's flaws, I've decided to post more pictures of me smiling. Smiles are the new pouts :)
Pictures from PolkadotsandVodkashots, TFS, InbekaWori, Topshop, KellerShoes
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I'm a big fan of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and the clothes from that time period are exquisite. Drop-waist styles are always gorgeous, and I have a particular fondness for anything having to do with feathered headbands/long necklaces/romantic intrigue.
"I hope she'll be a fool—that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool."